Tuesday, August 08, 2006



Over the last few weeks I have been trying to design my second major work for my course. In the process these samples were worked.

I wanted to have a grid that changed in size to make it more interesting but as soon as I withdew the threads I knew it wasn't what I wanted. I worked the grid anyway, having some fun along the way. In the process I have gone back to another sample worked earlier in the year and this is now hopefully going to be the basis of my piece, just worked in a different direction.

The little samples were of stitches I wanted to put on my grid but that is all out the window now. Still, I know how to do them now & they will be in my folder for future reference.

Later today I intend to wind my threads ready to hit the dye pot. They need to soak in water a bit first so if I wind today, I can dye tomorrow after I come home from work.

1 comment:

larin said...

These are amazing! Your needlework is beautiful! --LaRinda