Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Seniors Challange Bag

Back in February I was figuring out a challenge to give to my Seniors Class. The challenge was for them to use their scraps of fabric, cut them into strips, then do something extra with the strips & make the finished product into something usefull. This little carry bag was my attempt at my challenge for them. All of the fabrics were already in my stash, as were the handles, and the only thing I had to buy was another reel of quilting thread. I thought I was being smart & using what I had in my stash, but there was not enough of the orange thread to finish the quilting. The paisley design is my own digitized one. I had been playing with creating my own pattern runs & the little scallop around the edge ( which is not really visible in this pic) is my own attempt at digitizing a pattern run.

Well, this little bag is finished, the term is over, & it is time to come up with another challenge for them. I have thoughts for a new one, probably to do with colour. Hopefully it will help them to understand the terms of contrast, harmonious, triadic, tints & shade.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

What a lovely bag, your paisley design sets it right off its a very lovely design..
This is great that your Seniors have you to teach them.. Triadic hae to look up that word, if I lived closer I would certainly take a course with you :):)