Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mother Nature at Work



Sydney, as has most of Australia, has been in the grip of drought over the last few years. This year has been a little different & we are starting to see more rain. This morning while I was on my walk it started raining again, just lightly, but the sun was also out. I knew there just had to be a rainbow somewhere, and it was when I turned around that I saw this beauty. It stretched the whole way across the sky & stayed visible for about 15 minutes, long enought to get this pic. Looking carefully in the top right hand corner, there is a second rainbow but it is nowhere near as bright as the first. Rainbows have been scarce over the last few years because of the drought, but we have seen a few this year. Maybe the pot of gold at the end will be the water in our dams & the flowers on our plants.

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

I do hope you have plenty of rain Jenny, I can't imagine anything worse than a drought. We are always complaining about the rain here in the UK, but now I have so many friends in Australia I think we are lucky and will never complain again. It's a wonderful photo and I hope you will have many more rainbows like that this year.