Today I made the final cut to my latest finshed piece. This is the piece that I started way back in December and was supposed to be like this. I showed a small snippet of it in January after I had discovered my mistake when I made a slight adjustment in design. This small adjustment led to the counting error & the fact that my border design would not fit. I had a great long list of things to try to fit into the resultant space & ended up with this Pulled work stitch. The fact that I was four threads out ruled out a lot of the things that I really wanted to do.
On the positive side, I have delved into the world of Pulled Work & I have learnt to check the whole design again after redesigning. Now the piece is finished, it may not be as I would have liked but it is finished, & now I can move onto the next piece which has yet to be designed. I think there might be a few "filler" pieces to keep me busy over the next few weeks.