Mmm....... I could do better than this. My original plans were to do something fantastic, like some digitizing, but the month got away & I found myself with just one day left to make it. So I layered two fabrics together with some pellon between, free machine quilted all over, cut to shape, then bound. Wallah! New scissor case. I'd still like to do another one, maybe with some bobbin lace trim, or some digitizing on it somewhwere. We'll see.
Friday, May 22, 2009
The sewing group that I mentioned in my last post made scissor cases back in April and they were asked for this month so they could all be photographed. So at the last minute once again, I whipped up this one. The pattern was supplied, and the idea was to cut an outer fabric & a lining fabric, stitch right sides together leaving an opening so that it could be turned through. Once turned through, the case was then folded ( & stitched) into shape, giving a pocket for larger scissors & a smaller pocket for something else.
I belong to a local sewing group which meets once a month. This month the activity was on crazy patchwork. The lady who was leading the activity happens to be one of my previous students, and the project for the day was one that I had led her through a few years ago. As a result, I was asked if I could help. J*** had not asked for anything in particular, just "help". So the day before, (nothing like leaving things to the last minute) I set about putting together some samples on the "how to" of crazy piecing. All in all there were eight samples, beginning with "placing piece 1 here", and moving through the order of how to place the pieces. Each sample had one more piece stitched on to it than the previous piece, so at the end, I had 7 part made squares and only one finished square. So I have sat down & finished the others, and now have eight crazy squares similar to the one above, waiting for some embellishment & to be turned into something.
I really enjoyed being back on my machine again. After sewing for a wedding last year I have not even felt like turning on my machine. So watch this space to see what I do with these squares.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Look what arrived in the mail!. It is the last of the counted thread RR samplers for the Stitching Sisters Group that I have to work on. This one belongs to Margaret and I have ideas already for what I want to do. I have picked out colours of threads & sort of narrowed down a technique & a design, all I have to do now is graph it out & start stitching. So watch this space to see what eventuates.