Thursday, July 21, 2011

Intermediate Retrospective Pt 3

One exercise that we did during our course was with collage. I made two collages, one from leaves & bark, the other from papers. It was the paper one I used as a base to to create this design.

There was lots of tracing & view finding involved before I even got to the design below, then lots of applique & stitching to get to the final product. I was really happy with this one, & had plans of framing it to hang on the wall, but that never happened. It might though one day, because even after all this time, I still quite like this piece.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Perhaps rather than framing it, you could mount it on stretchers or over an artist's canvas? That way, all the lovely textures aren't flattened by glass...

Jeannie Marie said...

Fabulous!

Linda said...

This exercise is wonderful Jenny. You obviously had a great time with this course. I love the 'embroidered hills' in your final piece. Thanks again for the journey. It's fun.

Tom Badguy said...

Wow, that is really good.